GHE has had nearly 30 years of experience in architectural design, completing a myriad of projects worldwide in functions
ranging from hospitality, to religious, to cultural. In that time GHE has become known throughout the Gulf as a practice
whose architectural work is of the highest caliber – completing recently the Presidential Palace in the UAE and commissioned
to design the Bahraini parliament building.
We have an excellent track record of designing and delivering construction and engineering projects throughout Bahrain, the GCC region and beyond, building everything from Large-scale Master Plans, medium and large Residential developments, Commercial offices and Retail offerings, Educational facilities, Healthcare facilities, Hospitality ventures, Religious and Cultural buildings, Government buildings, Conservation and Revival projects, as well as individual villas and family dwellings.
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to join our team on a permanent basis at the Bahrain office.
The Project Manager role will require an experienced professional who is reliable, articulate and delivers quality projects on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client and all stakeholders.
The successful applicant will work with a site team of dynamic and committed professionals carefully selected for the particular project.
This is a client-facing role and the successful applicant will be responsible for monitoring the day-to-day activities in the field and managing and coordinating the flow of information.Experience in reporting and tracking issues on Contracts, Progress, Cost, Coordination, Quality and Safety is essential.
- Provide detailed constructability reviews of project documents; make recommendations.
- Advise, consult, lead and provide feedback on the development of construction procurement documents, including plans, construction phase consulting services, and Contractor responsibilities.
- Participate in and/or lead project evaluation and sub-consultant selection for applicable procurements.
- Manage day-to-day work on projects in construction phases; coordinate and make recommendations regarding the status of work.
- Attend and actively participate in partnering sessions with contractors, agencies, and organizations; represent the office needs, and develop strong working relationships throughout the industry.
- Represent the office in Value Engineering studies on projects in design or development.
- Assist in the development of project procurement documents for various delivery methods, including Design / Bid / Build and other innovative project delivery methodologies.
- Represent the office in reviewing contractor requests through formal or informal processes, and provide prompt responses to keep projects on schedule.
- Provide regular detailed reporting/metrics on projects, resources allocation, project status completion statistics, variances to plan and forecasting of future needs.
- Review and monitor project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget.
- Review and provide recommendations on potential Change Orders on projects and process per contractual requirements
- Regularly review project schedules, analyze and monitor construction progress to determine impacts to schedule and provide feedback to the Director of Engineering and Executive staff.
- Regularly attend and/or lead detailed project meetings
- Enforce Contractor compliance for reporting, environmental requirements, scheduling, and invoicing.
- Monitor and communicate project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the construction of projects to the Director of Engineering and Executive staff. Facilitate amicable solutions.
- Monitor consultant and contractor progress and performance, review and approves invoices, and resolve payment and project disputes.
- Manage project budgets in an effective, efficient manner.
- Complete any other job-related duties as assigned
- Education: Minimum of Undergraduate University degree, Master’s Degree or higher (preferably in Civil Engineering or related field) is desirable. Other relevant education, certification like PMP, Construction Management, Training or Work experience may be presented augment the education degree
- Minimum of 15-20 years of Building industry experience, preferably with at least 8-10 years in Construction Management or related experience on projects in Bahrain, GCC or the Middle East
- CRPEP Category ‘A’ Registered Professional Engineer in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Relevant engineering and education registrations from other countries including country of origin.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external resources
- Self-directed and able to function with ease as part of a team
- Technically astute and strategic in thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to focus on details as required, and have the ability to work well within a deadline driven environment
- Innovative project delivery methodology experience is desirable
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and Microsoft Office tools, and some knowledge of applicable project management software
- Uses personal computer approximately 4-5 hours per day
- Uses telephone and email to communicate with consultants, contractors, and co-workers, approximately 5-6 hours per day
- Sits approximately 4-6 hours per day
- Visits project sites on an ongoing basis; moves about the project sites
If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your project management skills in a stimulating and rewarding work environment we offer a working environment that is rapidly evolving, utilizing cutting-edge technologies, supporting its workforce and delivering best in class projects then this might be the very role for you.
How to apply
Forward your CV along with your portfolio file in PDF format or online link of your website.
Please make sure the files do not exceed 5MB
Please include in the subject line: Careers/ (the title of the position that you are applying for)
Gulf House Engineering
DAR 1, Bldg. No.681, Road 3519, Block 335, Um Al Hassam AvenueP.O. Box 50900, Manama, BahrainT: +973 17 822 666 F: +973 17 820 666