Bin Matar House (Pearl Museum)

The building was constructed in 1905 in a traditionally Bahraini manner using palm tree trunks, sea-stone, and gypsum. It was initially used as the permanent majlis of Salman Hussein Bin Matar, one of Bahrain’s prominent pearling merchants. Before restoration, the building was left empty and in disuse, ready to be demolished to make way for new construction. However, it was ...

Read More >
Location: Muharraq, Bahrain
Client : Shk Ebrahim Center for Culture & Research
Year: 2006 - 2009
Status: Completed
Service Provided: Architecture, Engineering, Construction Supervision